Skip to content
- 1 cup lentils rinsed
- 1 lb favourite pasta or in this case I used Turnip Noodles
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup yellow-onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- ½ tsp red-pepper-flakes
- 24 oz favorite tomato sauce
- 14 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta on the cooker as you normally would. If you are using a veggie noodle see step 4
- In a large-skillet, add the garlic, onion, oregano, mushrooms, red-pepper, pepper and salt, combined with 1 tablespoon olive-oil, also sauté about 3-5minutes till the mushrooms and onion are tender.
- Then add the tomato-sauce, diced tomatoes, water and lentils and stir to blend. Simmer mixture about 15-18minutes or till lentils are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- If using a veggie pasta or noodle, salt the noodles in a colander (about 1tbsp) if hand made and let sit for about 30 minutes. If bought packaged you can skip this step.
- Heat a drop of olive oil in a skillet and sauté the noodles for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Serve lentil bolognese over pasta (or veg pasta), sprinkle with extra red-pepper-flakes, flat leaf parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Get stuck in!