Skip to content
- 1 bunch Broccoli rabe
- 1/3 C. Pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of 2 small lemons, or 1 large
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook off the pasta according to the instructions on the box
- Blanch the broccoli rabe in boiling water for 2 or 3 minutes until it becomes soft. Remove and drop into a bowl of ice water.
- Drain and squeeze most of the water out of the broccoli rabe and add to the food processor with the remaining pesto ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the pesto and serve!
- note: you can use this pest in a number of ways – spread on toast with tomatoes and onion, or on roasted smashed potatoes. The possibilities are endless.